Sunday, September 26, 2010

No AC Sundays

Since the beginning (or, rather, a few weeks before the beginning) of school, my Sunday afternoons usually consist of the following: my computer. my handy-dandy EZ grader. paperclips. and an 85 degree classroom.

In fact, I'm experiencing this majestic setting right now as I type. Pandora Radio playing sweetly and boldly on my speakers as I listen and jam to Hillsong and Shawn McDonald, while I swelter in sweat grading assessments and entering grades into the computer, constantly watching out for runaway cockroaches coming from Roach Motel (what we have so appropriately named the large cabinet in our class bathroom that hosts a small community of roaches that like to surprise us and join our learning from time to time), and gazing out at the sun pouring in from my side window, pretty much teasing me and telling me I am a loser for being up at school on a Sunday.

I do pray, however, that over time my No AC Sunday appearances will become few and far between as I get better at this whole teaching thing.

Well, I'm going to go type up our spelling words for the week and try to figure out my students' maps of the classroom so I can assign some sort of grade. Happy Sunday! Let us rejoice and be glad in it...especially in a No AC Sunday kind of day.

Because your love is better than life, my lips will praise you -- Psalm 63

No comments:

Post a Comment